BJJ Bucket List
I noticed recently a couple of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu “bucket lists” making the rounds on social media. The lists include things like getting your black belt, and winning major championships. I decided I’d like to add my own take on the list, so here it goes.
1. Train. Get to class, do your best to become proficient at the material.
2. Train. Let nothing stand in your way, train like your life depended on it. Not like there’s a fight taking place, only like if you don’t train you can’t succeed.
3. Train. If you don’t train you can’t succeed.
4. Train. Make yourself do things outside your comfort zone.
5. Train. Get on your back and open your guard. You’re going to get passed, what are you going to do about it?
6. Train. Help a buddy improve her sweep or escape or finish.
7. Train. Remember to support your academy. Your instructors work hard to give you their best.
8. Train. Life can throw curve balls, kids get sick and jobs need overtime. Plan to train more as soon as possible.
9. Train. Because it’s the most fun you’re going to have all day.