Open Guard BJJ offers private lessons from either 2nd degree black belt, Professor Professor Geoff Balme or black belt Wayne Spinola. Private lessons are affordable and can take your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu game to the next level.
Private lessons give students:
1. Full Attention: As you know, our BJJ class are taught by some of the best instructors in the area. During class, an instructor has to divide his attention between everyone in the class. So at times, it's hard to get details about your specific game. Private lessons give you the one-on-one attention to fine tune your specific BJJ game.
2. Learn Greater Detail: In a private lesson, you can take the time to dissect certain details that you rarely have the chance to do in a class setting. BJJ is all about details, and something as simple as a slight angle change can make a world of difference. This is your chance to get the details to improve your game.
3. Personalized Help: In a class setting, your instructor may not have the time to answer all of your questions. In a private lesson, it's all about you. You can write down a list of things that have been frustrating you or you can work on techniques you've wanted to learn. Your instructor can also help you develop a "Game" based on your assets (size, strength...).
4. Roll with your Instructor: Instructors like to roll with their students during the regular classes. However, in larger classes it's impossible for the instructor to roll with everyone. A private lesson will guarantee time where you can test yourself against your instructor and have him analyze your game by feeling how you roll.
5. Time Flexibility: Do you have a crazy work schedule? Can't make it to as many classes as you'd like? A private lesson can be booked when it's convenient for you.
Keeping the Cost Down
If cost is the issue, grab a training partner and share the lesson and the expense. Time can be split between you and your training partner, and after the lesson you have someone to help you rep what you have learned.
A second way to reduce the cost is to buy a package deal. Instead of buying one private lesson at a time, sign up for 5 or 6 at once and you will receive a discount.
If you are gearing up for a tournament, striving for a belt promotion, or just want to improve your BJJ game, complete the following form to schedule your private lesson today!